Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Yesterday was a Day ago


My title is exactly what I'm gonna talk about...yesterday; June 31, 2007. Yea it was an exciting day for me for some reason. It started out good because I got to the HL lair early. I believe that it's better to get here early because you get more done and just when you are about to go home, you don't have that much to do. OK anyway I got here and like at 10 something and it was just me & Mel here. Iight so me & Mel chillin' here and Chris & Ravi comes in. They was talkin bout somethin with Mel while I'm on the computer working on my presentation for today. OK so something happens that I don't feel like mentioning and we all end up locked outta the office in the lil emergency exit thing in the left corner of the office. We go upstairs on this small ass elevator and go 2 the the super's door to see if he can get us back in. Iight so we in the lobby waitin & its no answer. Ok so the next step is someone gettin the nerve 2 b tarzan & climb the front gate 2 let us in then someone climbin in the window. Now the first one climbin was Ravi. He climbs over the black front gate & lets us in. The four of us go down the stairs & the second candidate to do some climbin is of course...me. Iight I knew I was gonna end up doing some jungle shit. So we get to the windows & guess what? There are bars on the windows. Wow. Now what are we gonna do I'm thinkin. I guess we gotta wait for the super or someone like johnny or aleah. Now we chillin in front of the stoop tryin 2 bring some type of humor 2 the situation that we in right now. Now we see Kaira walkin down the street smoking a cigarette. I see the look on Melvin's face & it looks like he's gonna need one of those right now lol. He smokin & talkin on his cell lookin like a true New Yorker. Iight so we put Kaira on 2 the mishap & we see the super's wife comin w/ her grandson (I think) Tobias. We then put her on 2 the situation & 2 make a long story short all 7 of us pack into that small ass elevator & this time it seems smaller with Chris puttin his big butt on me lol. We get in the office safe and sound. Some odd hourse later... now I get some stories from Chris to work on and I sit in the video room with Jose' and Manuel. I'm typin, Jose is editin this video he shot & Manuel was, i don't really kno what he was doin but anyway we doin wat we gotta do. Idk about y'all but wen im sittin in 1 spot for 2 long i get tired & the only things that'll wake me up are a good movie or some music. We couldn't watch a movie obviously cuz we were workin but we could listen to music. so me & jose in there gettin it right w/ the music...singin, dancin, & havin a ball although we were still workin. i get my story done & i go on my lil lunch break. then while im eatin me, manuel & moe r in the kitchen shootin da breeze but then i got kinda annoyed cuz it became 21 questions up in there about my love life. anyway 2 make this joint shorter cuz right now it looks like evry1 is about 2 bounce we go 2 the tribeca hotel 2 see this movie called bling: a planet rock. that movie made me experience a different emotion every 5 minutes. @ first i was happy to be watchin it because it's main subject was hip-hop. i love hip-hop music. then i felt sad for the african people livin in poverty & the amputees & the girls that were raped & abused. next i started feelin quite happy because there were moments in the movie when i laughed. after that @ the end i started feelin grateful. grateful that i can drink clean runnin water & that i can go into my refrigerator whenever i wanted & that my education is free & that i have different clothes 2 where evryday let alone my 160$ jeans. then i got mad @ myself for being 2 fortunate. i don't remember the last time a movie made me fell like that all @ once. those kind of issues are good 2 kno about but i don't like watchin them. it never fails that i always feel like i am obligated 2 help the less fortunate wen i watch those documentaries but i kno that i wont. i guess its because i feel i have more important things 2 worry about like my hair or gettin new clothes wen a whole country is in poverty & suffering. i think that i have it bad wen i cant get my some new kicks cuz my moms aint got it right now wen children walk around the street w/ no shoes on or have no feet 2 put shoes on. *{sigh}* aww poor daryal. wen is my selfishness gonna end? think

1 comment:

Dynamic said...

Yo what the bizness iz? I dont know if i told u but glad to see ur stickin around. damn yeah that diamond shit is fucked up aint it? thatnks for the comment. Feelin the asthetics of the page. colors and all that. hot song. been askin Ruht to do that shit for weeks now. fuck ti she gone so imma just do that shit myself. L8r