Wednesday, August 8, 2007

SUCCESS IS NOT IN NUMBERS

Yes another " great " day in the office. But who want to read a blog about that ?? Yesterday was my teams open house. I think it went well. We had snacks for our guest as well as great content. Even though a lot of people did not show the people that did come seemed very interested in what we have had to say. Despite the turnout we just gave them our all. It was much better to have a small crowd we could control then to have a large one that no one cared about what we were saying. That is why I was very careful about the people I invited. Success is not only in numbers.

Thinking of that makes me remember a quote my literacy coach made me analyze. It said " 80 percent of success is showing up. " What many people fail to realize is just showing up for something or being present has a big impact. That is why alot of people fail or dropout of school because they don't show up. Once you are somewhere you are allowing yourself the opportunity to gain a new experience and learn something you did not know before. When you do not show up or attend something you set yourself short for oppurtunity. Show up because that is where 80 % of success is making it easier to put in the other 20 %.

No comments: