Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Advisor Meeting

This is Mary. Yesterday I met Hasha Gure's advisor, Bianca Lane. Bianca is cool. It felt really good to meet someone who FINALLY understood where I was coming from in my stories. I didn't have to worry about explaining where I was coming from; it was such a relief! Bianca told me I was a good writer and had the ability to draw people into my stories. Seeing as I thought I was a bad writer, it felt great to have a person tell me that I was a good one. Holla back!!!!!!!!!
In fact, Bianca told me not to change anything about the story that I wrote for my school newspaper earlier in the year. My school is too ultra-conservative. The editor for the newspaper totally changed the format of my article saying that freshman students were not ready for the hard facts. They were probably gonna see it on the news anyway! I was tight!!!!!!
With the changes, my article didn't make sense and nobody read it. I spent 3 weeks on that mess w/ the intention of informing my fellow students of what's happening in the world. That never happened b/c everybody labeled my article as stupid & didn't read it. Thank God I didn't join the school newspaper until my senior year- I probably would have had mad fights w/ the editors over the years.

No comments: